Stuart Haselden, who joined Away, a direct-to-consumer (DTC) travel lifestyle brand, will be taking over as the sole CEO of the company in January.
Steph Korey, co-founder and co-CEO of Away, is stepping down from the co-CEO position but will continue to serve on the board of directors and will serve as the executive chairman. Korey’s move to step down has been in the works for nearly a year.
In December 2019, the company had intended for Korey to step down, but the decision was ultimately reversed a month later and Korey went onto resume the role as CEO but this time alongside Haselden.
Away has also announced the expansion of its executive team, which includes several executives with experience at big name brands in the retail industry, including Lululemon, Nike as well as Kate Spade.
The expanded executive leadership roster includes:
- Candan Erenguc, chief supply chain officer, formerly senior vice president, operations excellence at Lululemon Athletica
- Catherine Dunleavy, chief financial officer, formerly vice president and CFO of global operations, technology and strategic investments at Nike
- Cuan Hanly, senior vice president of product and merchandise. Hanly joined Away in 2019 and previously served as executive creative director of product
- Josh Beser, general counsel. Beser joined Away in 2017
- Roy Chan, president of international and senior vice president of retail, Chan formerly also served as president of international at Kate Spade & Company
- Selena Kalvaria, chief marketing officer. Kalvaria joined Away in 2018 and has previously served as the company’s senior vice president of brand
- Shadé Akande, chief people officer and former vice president of Meetup
As part of a planned transition, co-founder Jen Rubio will continue in her role as President.
“We are pleased to announce our expanded executive leadership team, comprised of seasoned industry veterans who are ready to lead Away in our next phase of innovation and growth,” said Stuart Haselden. “We are grateful to Steph Korey for all she has done to build Away and look forward to her continued contributions as a Board member. I am excited about what lies ahead for the Company.”