LVMH has announced nine finalists for its famed LVMH Prize for Young Fashion Designers.
The prize drew 2,400 applicants this year, who were evaluated for their talent and creativity, of which 22 semi-finalists were selected. The final nine that have been selected for this year’s award include:
- AARON ESH by Aaron Esh, United Kingdom, menswear
- BETTTER by Julie Pelipas, Ukraine, womenswear
- BURC AKYOL by Burc Akyol, France, womenswear, menswear and genderless collections
- DIOTIMA by Rachel Scott, Jamaica, womenswear
- LUAR by Raul Lopez, United States, womenswear, menswear and genderless collections
- MAGLIANO by Luca Magliano, Italy, menswear
- PAOLINA RUSSO by Paolina Russo, Canada, and Lucile Guilmard, France, womenswear
- QUIRA by Veronica Leoni, Italy, womenswear
- SETCHU by Satoshi Kuwata, Japan, genderless collections
“The semi-final of the tenth edition of the prize has highlighted a great maturity in the approach and work of the designers. Cultural diversity, celebration of traditional crafts and creative audacity define this selection. Naturally, the finalists are fully engaged in dealing with environmental issues and play with the boundaries between menswear and womenswear,” CEO Bernard Arnault said.
“Their expertise, their creativity, their uniqueness, and their commitment have truly impressed me. I would like to thank all the experts for their enthusiasm, their involvement, and the attention they dedicated to discovering and appraising the work of the designers who took part in the semi-final. The jury members and I look forward to seeing the nine shortlisted designers at the final at the Louis Vuitton Foundation.”
The finalists are expected to present their designs at the Louis Vuitton Foundation on June 7, 2023, when the winner of the LVMH Prize and the Karl Lagerfeld Prize will be chosen.
The winner of the LVMH Prize will be offered €300,000 in cash and mentorship by various LVMH teams. Meanwhile, the Karl Lagerfeld Prize winner will get €150,000 in cash and a year-long mentorship from LVMH teams.