Shopify Creative Director for Growth
As Creative Director for Growth, you will oversee the visual identity of our marketing products, all ads across all formats (display, video, search), all assets for our marketing properties, and all email creative. You will lead multidisciplinary UX Managers and individual contributors, creating a creative, robust team culture that is digital by default. You will work collaboratively with a UX Director that owns the product strategy of the group Growth.
You’ll need excellent craft skills in marketing design with a deep understanding of data, visual, graphic, content design. You should have a strong track record as a leader, and a passion for investing in and supporting the people you lead. We’re a highly collaborative team, so you’ll need to be someone who’s fulfilled by helping groups work together to deliver real change.
- Leading and inspiring the world’s best creative team of designers, developers, copywriters, and project managers to attract world-class talent
- Managing priorities, developing effective processes, and partnering with leaders across all levels
- Building strong relationships and communicating with leadership across the company
- Continuing to evolve the story and creative voice for the Growth team
- Creating a long-term vision for the product and brand, then developing campaigns influenced by the overall vision
- Directing and stewarding our brand identity to ensure cohesiveness across all customer touchpoints, including internal communications
- Providing visual creative and conceptual direction for digital, video, email, social media, advertising, experiential, swag, and more
- Collaborating with insights teams to create user test plans and synthesize findings to inform decision making and measure outcomes
- Partnering across teams through the lifecycle of campaigns, events, and other marketing tactics and channels
- Leading the way we build intuitive user experiences across all marketing efforts by putting the customer experience first
- You understand and care about the big picture as much as the smallest details when it comes to content and design
- You have acted as the Creative or Design owner in the past that have clear objective and tools, not just showing off the brand
- Your teams have shipped simple, beautifully designed products to solve complex customer needs and have the business results to show for it
- You’ve built and led large multidisciplinary teams, including design, copywriting, project management, leadership and are comfortable balancing out team mentoring, hands-on UX work, and providing input for product decisions.
- You are a leader in your community, building thought leadership inside your organization and beyond
- You have the capacity to act on immediate needs while building for the long term with vision and strategy
- You have a track record of relying on sound data and research to make decisions.
- You have experience with eCommerce or large complex website building, SMB or entrepreneurship, Education or Community
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
This posting will close on Wednesday, April21stat 12am EST.