Stuart Weitzman Sr. Manager, NA Retail Buying
Job Title: Senior Manager, North America Omni Retail Buying
Summary: The Senior Manager, North America Omni Retail Buying is a passionate and analytical individual who will be the key driver of the North America Retail and Ecomm business. An important focus for this role will be supporting our digital acceleration strategy. This person should have a customer-centric mindset and be able to develop a cohesive NA strategy while adapting to specific digital and B&M needs. The ideal candidate enjoys both product and financial analysis – they are comfortable being their own planner. The role reports into the Senior Director, Global Buying and Allocation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
– Develop assortment and ensure strategic alignment across US and Canada Retail stores and Ecommerce channels
– Weekly reporting and analysis to identify actions based on business trend
– Coordinate with marketing and VM for quarterly signage and email needs
– Identify risks and opportunities to the plan and make strategic recommendations
– Own our sku-level Excel OTB files; forecast sales, inventory, and margin by channel: US Retail, US Ecomm, CA Omni
– Competitive pricing and product analysis
– Partner closely with the Ecommerce and Digital teams to execute assortment strategy
– Regular communication with our store teams on immediate and long term needs
– Analyze monthly and seasonal hindsight’s to identify product, category, and sku count needs and communicate back to global merchandising
– Partner with Allocation on product distribution strategy
– Manage and develop a team of assistant and associate level buyers
Skills and Abilities Required
– Strong analytical and mathematical skills
– Highly proficient in Excel
– Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
– Strong communication skills and comfortable partnering with many different teams
– Comfortable performing ad-hoc analysis and operating with limited systems
– Self-starter who can work independently
– Detailed oriented and highly organized
– Ability to identify and troubleshoot problems
– Strong people management skills
Education and Experience Required
– Bachelor’s degree with 7+ years of experience in Buying, Planning, and/or Allocation
– Omni channel or ecommerce experience is preferable
– Experience in a sized category is a plus
Our Competencies for All Employees
– Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
– Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
– Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
– Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
– Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
– Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
– Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
– Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
– Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong moraleand spirit in theirteam; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
– Managerial Courage: Doesn’t hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and “actionable” positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
Stuart Weitzman is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant’s or employee’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Stuart Weitzman at #LI-MS1 www.stuartweitzman.com.